When it comes to getting the most out of a website, the specialists of a reputed and professional web design agency in Reno always lay emphases on a variety of essentials. Navigability, consistency, and accessibility are the three key components amongst a variety of others that the expert web designers draw attention to. This is a quick guide that will help to get you acquainted with them. Read on to explore more.
Planning out intuitive navigation on the website is one of the very important things that will help the website visitors to stumble on what they are exactly in search of. Ideally, a visitor is supposed to land on your website and not have to think extensively regarding where to click next. Transiting from one point to another should be as smooth as possible.
The following are a few tips for optimizing the navigation of your website:
- Links are required to be included within the webpage copy, and make it apparent where those links redirect on.
- Do not offer too many navigation options per page. Again, simplicity!
- Include a search bar near the top of your website so visitors can search by keywords.
- Consider utilizing breadcrumbs on every page so users remember their navigation.
- Incorporate navigation in the footer of the website.
- The structure of the main navigation should be kept uncomplicated.
In addition to keeping the navigation consistent, the overall look and feel of your website should be similar across all the pages of your website. According to the specialists of a top-rated Reno website design company fonts, schemes, color, backgrounds, and even the character and pitch of the writing are all cores where uniformity has a positive impact on user experience and usability.
That is not to say every webpage should keep up with an identical layout. Instead, create diverse layouts for particular sorts of web pages. By using those layouts consistently, you will make it simpler for visitors to understand what sort of information they are expected to come across on a certain webpage.
The aim of web accessibility is to make a website that anyone can use, including the ones with limitations or disabilities that affect their browsing experience. The same as responsiveness, accessibility applies to the entire website: visuals, page format, structure, and both visual and written content. The website must be:
- Robust – The website is usable across diverse browsers, devices, and assistive technologies.
- Understandable – Every alert and content can be understood effortlessly.
- Operable – The functionality of the website should be possible in different manners.
- Perceivable – Visitors are aware of the content on the website.
So, as a final bit of UX/usability understanding, start caring more! Imagine yourself in the shoes of your audience, and keep them in mind at every step of the design process.