The Business, Technology, and Innovation Unit at NBC News is looking for a dynamic business and innovation reporter with a deep understanding of business and the economy who is well sourced in both. The ideal candidate is an ambitious reporter who can unearth unique angles on stories about business, innovation, and the economy and can deliver multiple digital stories every week. This person should have demonstrated experience reporting on innovation within the fields of business and/or technology.
- Research, write, and report multiple stories each week about business and the economy with a focus on innovations in business and technology.
- Develop, pitch and report on business/innovation ideas for digital and can appear on TV platforms promoting that work
- Break stories and write and report with accuracy and skill under deadline pressure
- Work collaboratively with digital team on both short and long term stories
- Conceptualize, develop and pursue original, standout exceptional enterprise journalism that is data and consumer driven
- Ensure all reporting is factual and accurate
- Collaborate across platforms with colleagues on both short and long term projects
- Minimum 5 years experience as a business reporter
- Has a deep understanding of business and economic metrics, with a history of reporting on both topics
- Must be willing to work early morning hours, weekends and evenings, especially when news breaks.
- Must be willing to work in New York, New York
- Broadcast experience is a plus
- Interested candidate must submit a resume/CV through
To apply, go here.