Advancing harmless and progressive preservation solutions in splendor and personal treatment
INOLEX has expanded its current global patent portfolio of novel alkylhydroxamic acid technological innovation with the issuance of many new patents directed to the use of caprylhydroxamic acid and similar alkylhydroxamic acids for preservation of beauty, beauty, and personal care formulations.
Caprylhydroxamic acid (CHA) is a 100% pure and quickly biodegradable chelating agent that competently binds iron ions, ensuing in a robust fungistatic impact. On top of that, its C8 acyl carbon chain imparts bacteriostatic character. The combination of these houses supplies solid preservation outcomes in formulations by making an natural environment that inhibits microbial growth.
Combinations of CHA with medium chain terminal diols (MCTDs) are great for microbial handle in cosmetic formulations, as demonstrated by INOLEX’s portfolio of protected, wide spectrum preservation solutions.
The newly issued US Patent US11291204B2 is titled “Preservatives for beauty, toiletry and pharmaceutical compositions” and handles preservation compositions having a C6, C8, C10, or C12 alkylhydroxamic acid, which include CHA, in combination with a range of medium chain terminal diols this kind of as caprylyl glycol glyceryl caprylate and caprylyl glyceryl ether.
According to Michael J. Fevola, PhD, VP Research & Development and Product Stewardship at INOLEX, “The innovation enabled by INOLEX’s patents, employing synergistic combinations of multifunctional ingredients as important components of a hurdle know-how technique, is displacing regular biocidal techniques to preservation. Our platforms provide advances that lower toxicological challenges and environmental impression, creating a new typical for brands to realize safe and sound and efficient preservation of cosmetics and personal treatment merchandise.”
INOLEX products and solutions coated by this patent are offered less than the Spectrastat brand, and include things like Spectrastat, Spectrastat G2 Purely natural MB, Spectrastat CGE Organic MB, and Spectrastat MHG All-natural MB.
In addition to the aforementioned patent, the firm has expanded the world-wide achieve of its alkylhydroxamic acid portfolio with Chinese Patent CN107595662B, titled “Synergistic compositions, formulations and connected techniques for lessening ultraviolet-induced lipid peroxidation”, and addresses synergistic compositions of alkylhydroxyamic acids, which include CHA, with anti-oxidants to decrease ultraviolet-induced lipid peroxidation.
The patent also promises alkylhydroxamic acids in mixture with anti-oxidants such as ascorbic acid sodium ascorbyl phosphate ascorbyl palmitate tocopherols (vitamin E) tocopheryl acetate (vitamin E acetate) butylated hydroxytoluene butylated hydroxyanisole resveratrol quercetin uric acid carotenes glutathione melatonin and mixtures thereof.
An further patent application in Europe for the use of combinations of alkyl ethers of glycerol and CHA in cosmetic and dermatological formulations is pending. This software compliments an existing portfolio of patents in Europe, acquired by INOLEX, that cover the use of CHA in programs like hair styling with versatile hold, dandruff command in blend with sorbic acid, and mixtures of CHA with fragrant alcohols. INOLEX substances coated by the latter contain Phenostat, Benzostat, and Aromastat.
The breadth of INOLEX’s patented technological innovation underscores the company’s ongoing motivation to advancing the industry of protected, productive, and sustainable alternatives for preservation of formulated solutions.
- CN 10-7595662 B – “Synergistic compositions, formulations and related solutions for lessening ultraviolet-induced lipid peroxidation”
- US 11,291,204 B2 – “Preservatives for beauty, toiletry and pharmaceutical compositions”
- EP 2 793 814 B1 – “Active material combinations of one particular or additional aromatic alcohols and octanohydroxamic acids, and cosmetic or dermatological preparations containing these types of energetic material combinations”
- EP 2 606 934 B1 – “Hair styling formulation for the development of a adaptable hold by indicates of octanohydroxamic acid”
- EP 2 793 820 B1 – “Use of an lively agent combination of sorbic acid and a hydroxamic acid towards dandruff”
- EP 2 793 815 A1 (pending) – “Active material mixtures of one or additional alkyl ethers of glycerol and a single or more physiologically suitable hydroxamic acids, and beauty or dermatological preparations made up of this kind of lively material combinations”